Thursday, April 13, 2017

Review of Gogo Quinoa's Quinoa and Amaranth Burger



I bought this because it was on sale, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The mix was indeed quick to prepare - as is advertised on the package - but the instructions are in dire need of improvement.

The first thing I noticed was that the instructions didn't say which heat level I should be frying it on (low heat? medium heat? high heat?). I had to "play it by ear", but for a less experienced cook these are crucial pieces of information.

I added the recommended amount of water and it was still very dry. Adding "a little" like they say on the package still didn't help. I had to add a lot more than they recommended.

I also noticed that in order for the patties to actually fry, it needed a good amount of olive oil (1-2 tbsp) and not "a bit" as it says in the instructions.

There was also absolutely no instructions on how to form the patties. I tried forming them by hand but it was very hard (they were too flaky). I ended up using a spoon.

Even after I had cooked them, they were still very brittle. At each bite they would just crumble apart - very different from normal burgers, or even vegan burgers like SOL's.

I also noticed that the mix lacked salt, but that might intentional considering all the high blood pressure people in this world.

Conclusion:

I won't buy this ever again. It's too much work (and poor instructions) for such a flaky end result. I'll just buy SOL burgers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment